This bangers & mash Pie has become a huge hit with my whole family. It is hearty and delicious and comfort food personified. I promise you that after trying this banger and mash pie, you will never eat traditional bangers and mash ever again!
Bangers & Mash Pie
- 500 grams Pork Bangers
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large White Onion
- Knob of butter
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Cup Dry Red wine
- 1 Cup Beef Stock
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- Potatoes (for the mash)
- 1 Cup Cream (for the mash)
- 1 Knob Butter (for the mash)
- 1 Cup Peas
- Heat the olive oil in a pan
- Brown and cook the pork bangers, once done, remove from the pan and slice.Set aside.
- Leave the pork fat in the pan, slice the onion and caramalize in the pork fat.
- Add salt & pepper and knob of butter.
- Then add the flour and stir until it forms a paste.
- Once a paste has formed, stirl in the dry red wine.
- Then slowly add the stock while stirring.
- Next add the Worcestershire sauce and Thyme
- Next add the sliced pork bangers and cup of peas to the pan, simmer on a low heat until the peas are cooked.
- Decant into an oven dish.
- Top with your mashed potatoes.
- Bake in the oven at 200 degrees C for 20 minutes.
Makes sure to come back and tell me if this recipe was a hit with your whole family too?!