In Collaboration With Food Lover’s Market
Breakfast’s as a banter can be fairly limited. There’s only so many times you can eat boiled eggs, fried eggs, scrambled eggs and bacon. Obviously commercial breakfast serials or a good old slice of Marmite toast is simply not going to cut it. So breakfast egg muffins are a staple in our house because they can be prepared ahead of time and popped into the microwave for a couple of seconds and hey, presto, you have a delicious, healthy, sugar free and satisfying breakfast in seconds.
They can be an SOB to make. It’s taken me a while, searching through thousands of recipes online and trial and error to perfect a recipe that works for us. I saw a few of you commented that you struggle to get them out of the muffin pan after baking and I had the same issue, they would either always get stuck, or break when I tried to remove them.
After much trial and error, I’ve found the perfect hack!
The secret is in adding something to the egg mixture to give it a bit more substance and firmness during baking. And this was such an easy recipe, I even created a YouTube Video to show you how to do it!
Check this out:
These were delicious, tasty and they kept well in the fridge overnight so we could enjoy them over a few days.
Here is a printable version of the recipe:
Breakfast Egg Muffins
- 6 x Eggs
- 1 Cup Marscapone Cheese
- Packet of Bacon
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Packet of washed baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2. Grease a muffin pan using butter.
- 3. Rinse and chop your favourite bits (I used onions, bacon & spinach)
- 4. In frying pan, sauté your favourite bits until cooked and slightly browned. Once cooked, set aside.
- 5. In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs on high speed with salt & pepper, add the marscapone cheese and blend well.
- 6. Fill bottom of muffin pan about 2cm with your sautéed bits and pouring egg mixture over this until muffin pan just under full.
- 7. Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8. Allow to cool
- 9. Once cooled, slide a flat butter knife around the edges to loosen the sides and remove from the pan.
- 10. Enjoy!
Would you like to win a R500 Food Lover’s Market voucher?
Simply follow the Rafflecopter entry prompts below to be eligible to win!
T’s & C’s
- The R500.00 voucher cannot be traded for cash.
- Winners of the competition cannot enter again in order for everyone to have a fair chance of winning.
- The competition is open to all South Africans, nationally.
- The competition is monthly.
- Winners will be notified via email
- Competition closes on the 31st January
- I reserve the right to disqualify entries