This salad is a staple in our home,
even my kids, ok Hannah, eats it! And with skyrocketing day time temps and Gauteng in the grip of it’s 6th and unprecedented heatwave this summer, it’s a recipe you want to have on hand.
I was so sure I had shared this recipe (and I use the term lightly because while I do have the recipe somewhere, I don’t use it, I mostly just chuck it together until I like the taste) but when I posted a food pic to Instagram earlier this week, suddenly everyone started asking for the “recipe” so here it is:
Broccoli Salad in a Yoghurt, Dill Dressing
- 1 x head of broccoli
- Half an English cucumber
- 3 x Spring Onions
- Double Cream or Greek Yoghurt
- Whole Grain Mustard
- Dried Dill
- Salt & Pepper
- Walnuts optional
- Break the broccoli into small florets
- Lightly steam the broccoli till al dente
- Allow to cool
- Chop up your cucumber & spring onions
- Toss in a bowl with the al dente, cooled broccoli
- Using a jug, blend together about a cup of double cream or Greek yoghurt with salt, pepper, dried dill & whole grain mustard. Usually I just keep blending till I get the flavor I like with the mustard and dill.
- Pour, dollop over your greens and chill.
- You can also add some chopped walnuts at this point, but that's optional.
PS. don't let the nutritional values fool you, that is written into the recipe card plug in, but I don't believe it to be accurate.