This corn & avocado salad is literally summer in a salad bowl. It is loaded with bright and beautiful ingredients and even though I only stumbled across this recipe a couple of weeks ago, it’s become a firm family favourite and I’ve made it multiple times and it’s a winner every time.
The Original Recipe
I found the original recipe over on Pinterest here:
I’ve created a printable version for you here and converted the measurements from imperial to metric.
Corn & Avocado Salad
- 500 grams cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 4 cob corn on the cob cooked to your preference, I boiled mine, cut off the cob.
- 2 whole avocados pitted & sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 Table spoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil I used Willow Creek
- 2-3 teaspoons lime juice I used one whole lime for the juice
- 2 cloves fresh garlic Crushed. Don't leave this step out, it does something beautiful to the flavours
- 1 teaspoon course sea salat
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Funky Ouma Black Garlic Pink Salt I used this in place of the salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- In a large salad bowl, combine sliced tomatoes, corn kernels, sliced avocado, thinly sliced red onion, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and press in 2 garlic cloves.
- Drizzle the top with 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 2-3 Tbsp lime juice (adding it to taste). Add 1 tsp sea salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper, or season to taste. Toss the salad gently just until combined and serve.
Find Out More:
I was recently sent a Funky Ouma Herb & Spice and since then I’ve become a little obsessed with these beautiful and flavourful farm fresh herbs and spices. I used the Funky Ouma Black Garlic Pink Salt in this recipe.
I also recently learned more about Willow Creek Olive Estate and have started using their Extra Virgin Olive oil for all my cooking. You can find out more about the estate here.
Disclaimer – I was sent both the Willow Creek Olive Oil & Funky Ouma Braai Salt in a recent press pack but loved the product so much, I wanted to share them with you.