We’ve been following a low carb lifestyle for years now and while I’ve always heard about fathead pizza dough, I’m a pretty lazy cook and so have never bothered to try and make it. I did this past weekend and I was blown away with how ridiculously simple it is to make and how crispy and tasty it was!
Quick & Easy
Not only was the fathead pizza dough super easy to make, but it was also really quick too. Ideal for weekday dinner when you want guilt-free pizza or over weekends when no one is in the mood to cook. I topped mine with some roasted figs, blue cheese, and fresh rocket and it was finger-licking-good!
I doubled this recipe and it made more than enough pizza for 4 adults to eat more than their fill! It also kept really well and, who doesn’t love cold pizza for lunch, so I ate leftover the following day without the base being soggy!
Fathead Pizza Dough
- 1 & 3/4 Cups Shredded Mozzarella
- 3/4 Cups Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp Full Cream Cheese
- 1 Egg
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Mix the almond flour and shredded cheese together with the cream cheese and microwave on high for one minute
- Remove from the microwave, stir well and put back in the microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and gently mix in the egg.
- Please between two pieces of baking paper and roll out to the desired shape and thickness.
- Fork holes into the dough all over
- Slide on the baking paper onto a suitable baking tray and remove the top layer of baking paper.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown at 220C
- For an extra crispy base, flip the pizza dough once during the cooking process
- Once the dough is cooked, you can then add all your desired pizza toppings and bake again for a further 5 minutes at 220C