This is one of the most ridiculously quick meals I’ve come across as a low carber. The prep time is less than 10 minutes and it’s super tasty. But I won’t lie, my kids are not wild about olives and so they’re not hugely wild about this recipe either. But I love it. It’s quick, easy and so very very tasty!
Prep & cooking time is under 40 minutes, which makes it a week day winner!
Mediterranean superstars — feta cheese, olives, and pesto — unite in this creamy, easy-to-make chicken dish. Give it a go. Your taste buds will thank you!
Olive, Feta, Pesto Chicken Casserole
- 700 g's of chicken filleted breasts or thighs work best
- 250 g's of pesto I used chilli & garlic pesto but have also used basil or red pepper pesto before
- 2 cups of double cream
- 8 tablespoons of pitted olives
- 250 g's of feta cheese diced
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- butter for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven at 180 degrees C
- Grease an oven proof dish
- Cube the chicken pieces and fry till browned in the butter
- Layer in the oven proof dish
- Add the feta, olives and garlic
- Mix the cream and pesto together
- Pour over the feta, olives and chicken
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes
Save the recipe
You can bookmark and save this recipe by pinning it on one of your Pinterest boards. This is delicious for a dinner party or even a super quick week day dinner!