Super excited to try out this Baobab Powder! It’s #glutenfree and check this out: 4-6 times more Vit C than oranges High in anti oxidants Richest plant based source of calcium Twice as much magnesium as leafy greens 6x the potassium of bananas High source of fibre 75% of which is the soluble fibre necessary for gut health It’s also a great alternative to flour for coating during cooking & tons of other ways to use it too! #health #naturalfood
The list is long, are you ready for it?
Baobab fruit is literally a super fruit!
- Baobab powder is very high in vitamin C.
- It is a natural source of calcium.
- It contains magnesium, potassium and B-complex vitamins.
- Baobab powder contains dietary fibres.
- It has prebiotic properties
- The powder is an excellent antioxidant.
Still not convinced? It’s damn delicious too. I tasted some of it straight up yesterday and it has a tart, almost citrusy flavor. I really liked it and obviously it’s a lot healthier that wheat flour and more tasty too. And it’s low car too, this is what the composition of Baobab flour:
Baobab powder contains
|Vitamin C||221 mg/100g|
|Energy||481 kJ/100g – 113 kcal/100g|
|Soluble Fibre||42 g/100g|
|Insoluble Fibre||12 g/100g|
|Antioxidants (Hydrophilic ORAC)|
Along with the Baobab Powder, I was sent a recipe to make Baobab and Sesame chicken which I made a couple of nights ago, it was damn good!
A photo posted by Sharon (@blessedbarrenness) on
Baobab Powder comes in a 200g tub for R105 and a 400g tub for R192. You can buy yours online here or find a store/stockist nearest you here.
And here is the recipe for the Gluten-Free Baobab & Sesame Chicken which I made.
Sesame & Baobab Chicken
- 500 g Chicken fillets
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup baobab powder
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- Oil for frying we suggest using coconut oil or olive oil
- Salad Ingredients
- Cut chicken fillets into strips.
- Coat the chicken strips by dipping them first in the egg, then in the baobab powder, and lastly the sesame seeds.
- Fry in a little oil for approximately 1 minute or until cooked through, turning over to brown both sides.
I served mine with a green salad on the side and mayo for dipping! Adapted from Eco Products