Have you seen the amazing fish market they have at Food Lover’s Market? Every time I go in there, I spend an age standing in front of the amazing sea food displays agonizing over over what to choose and how to make it. Then inspiration struck after I stumbled across a low carb recipe in the Lose It magazine.
Green Thai Mussel Curry
I’m not very imaginative when it comes to cooking sea food but I do love it so very much so I decided to tweak the recipe I’d found a little bit, to make my own amazing mussel curry.
Because of Food Lovers Market’s amazing selection, I was able to purchase all my top quality, super fresh ingredients there. And then it was time to start playing in the kitchen.
This recipe was really easy to make and it’s the first time I’ve ever made a curry sauce from scratch without a single packet or pre packaged ingredient in sight. It was super easy and the sauce is so delicious that I’ll probably never buy or use a pre made sauce ever again!
Here is the recipe:
Thai Green Mussel Curry
- For The Curry Sauce
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 Cloves of crushed garlic
- 5 cm knob ginger chopped
- 1 stalk of lemon grass
- 15 g of fresh coriander chopped
- 2 green chillis deseeded
- 20 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 can of coconut milk
- For the muscles
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 can coconut milk
- splash of fish sauce
- juice of 2 limes
- handful of fresh lime leaves
- 2 tsp of xylitol
- 1.3 kg's of mussels cleaned.
- 1 punnet of baby marrow zoodled
- Add all the ingredients from the curry sauce to a blender and blender until fine and smooth.
- Heat your coconut oil in a wok over a warm heat
- Toss in the curry sauce and allow to simmer for a minute or 2
- Add the additional can of coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice and leaves & xylitol and stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Bring to the boil and add the mussels & zoodles
- Put the lid on your wok and allow to simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and simmer for a further couple of minutes to reduce the liquid.
- Serve hot with additional fresh coriander and chilli
Would you like to win a R500 Food Lovers Market voucher to make this recipe yourself?
Simply complete the Rafflecopter entry form below to be eligible to win.
Don’t know how to use Rafflecopter? Read here!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
T’s & C’s
- Only Rafflecopter entries are eligible for the prize
- Competition open to residents of South Africa only
- Competition closes on the 3rd October
- Winners will be notified via email and announced on Social Media