Sponsored by iStore
A couple of weeks ago, a representative from iStore South Africa, contacted me to ask me if they could send me an iBaby monitor for review. As a recent Apple convert, I jumped at the opportunity and was thrilled when the very sexy iBaby was delivered to my home last week!
The timing of this arrival could not have been more perfect. With my return to work and our new nanny having started yesterday, the iBaby has given me tremendous peace of mind. Being able to see Hannah while she naps, or while the new nanny is busy with her in her room, while I’m at the office has really helped settle my nerves over our new nanny taking care of her!
The iBaby app works on the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac Mouse. All you need to is install the iBaby app on your Apple device of choice and follow the camera installation prompts, which is REALLY simple, I’m a technotard and I managed the installation in minutes over the weekend.
Other great features include:
- Very easy to operate. Even my 3 year old was able to navigate the app and move the camera around the room, using the touch screen on my iPhone. The camera rotates seemlessly and silently, I was able to move it, while sitting at my desk at work, so that it rotated away from Hannah’s cot and zoomed onto her changing station where I spied on my mom & our new nanny while they changed Hannah yesterday.
- You can access your App from anywhere, while I’m at home, I access it via our home Wifi network, but I’m also able to access it at the office, in my car or just about anywhere and it’s given me tremendous peace of mind.
- You also don’t need to have the app open at all times, but you can set alerts within the app that notifies you when your baby is moving or crying.
- Up to 4 users on 4 devices can access your iBaby, you can share the details with whom you want to have access to Granny & Grandpa and Daddy can also check in on baby during the course of the day.
- The two way audio is awesome, I can hear Hannah and even talk to her during the day and even at night, I can calm her with the sound of my voice without even getting out of bed!
- It was SUPER easy to set up
- The infra red lighting means that even in the dark, I am able to see Hannah on the app.
- And the snapshot function is great as I can also snap photo’s in the app of Hannah using the iBaby camera.
I love this product and would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone looking for a baby monitor, the ONLY drawback is that the app does tend to chow your battery power, so keep your charger close at hand!
The iBaby is available from iStores at a cost of R2 999!