If you’ve followed me for any length of time, you will know these three things about me – my Instant Pot is my most favorite kitchen appliance, I love eating real, unprocessed foods and I hate cooking! So it should come as no surprise that I have been scouring the internet for more super quick, highly nutritious meals that can be made in my Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Chicken & Asparagus
This is THE PERFECT weekday recipe. And of course, as a longterm low carber/banter, I was thrilled when potatoes were moved from the red list to the orange list recently. This means that on occasion, I can enjoy a delicious potato, which honestly, is one of my favorite veggies.
This is literally a few ingredients chucked into one pot and cooked in just 10 minutes!
Instant Pot Chicken and Asparagus
- Instant Pot
- 600 grams Russet potatoes
- 600 grams free-range chicken breasts
- 1,5 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1 packet mange tout optional
- Wash potatoes and if you desire, peel them (I kept the peels on mine). Cut them into cubes. Add them into the Instant Pot.
- Trim excess fat off the chicken and cut into cubes.
- Add salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic flakes, onion powder, oregano, and chili flakes into the Instant Pot. Use a spoon to toss the seasonings to coat the chicken and potatoes.
- Pour the stock into the pot.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Select poultry on the pressure cooker setting. When the time is up move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the pieces of asparagus and any other green veggies you have chosen, and put the lid back on. Let the pot sit for about 5 minutes to warm the asparagus through and slightly cook it.
- Remove the lid. Salt and pepper to taste. Scoop the chicken, potatoes, and asparagus onto plates and enjoy.
- You can also thicken the sauce and use it as gravy but this is optional.
Save The Recipe
By adding this image to your Pinterest account.
Don’t have an instant pot?
Make sure you’re following me on Instagram, I will be giving away an Instant Pot worth R2,199! The competition will go live on the 22nd of October 2019 and the winner will be drawn on the 1st November 2019.
You can find me on Instagram here:
Also, for more tips and chances to win, make sure you’re following Instant Pot on Instagram: