Have you ever eaten brisket before? I hadn’t until recently, but now that I’ve found this recipe for Instant Pot Keto Beef Brisket, I can’t stop making it. It’s an absolute family favorite, so tasty and ridiculously easy to make!
I have never considered cooking brisket in the past, and until recently, did not even realize that you could purchase an unsliced brisket from my butcher but guys, this is SUCH a tasty cut of meat. Brisket comes from the breast part of the animal and it can be bought boneless or with the bone in, but what makes it ideal for your Instant Pot is that it is quite a tough cut of meat, so the Instant Pot tenderizes it beautifully. Some resources say that brisket can’t be shredded or pulled, but I beg to differ because mine sections of my brisket can be shredded or sliced.
Instant Pot Keto Brisket
This recipe is sugar-free, gluten-free, egg-free, nut-free but packed full of flavour. My kids especially, could not get enough of it. I served their portions of brisket on a bed of creamy mash potatoes and my husband and I went for the low carb option and I served our brisket on a bed of creamy cauli mash.
Instant Pot Keto Beef Brisket
- Instant Pot
- 1.5 kg beef brisket ask your butcher to slice for you
- 1 tbsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tbsp black pepper ground
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 onions finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp low carb barbeque sauce I use the Carb Smart brand
- 2 tbsp low sugar tomato sauce I use the Martinnaise brand
- Pour the oil into the base of your Instant Pot and heat using the saute function.
- Rub the sea salt flakes and ground black pepper all over your beef brisket.
- Place the brisket in your Instant Pot and sear on all sides
- Using tongs, remove your brisket from your Instant Pot and set aside.
- Cancel the saute function on your Instant Pot
- Cover the base of your inner pot with the chopped onions and put your brisket back in the pot, fat side facing up.
- Mix your water, apple cider vinegar, barbeque sauce and tomato sauce together and pour over your brisket in you Instant Pot.
- Put your Instant Pot lid on and ensure that the vent is set to sea.
- Set to manual, high pressure for 1 hour.
- When the cooking time is up, use the quick release function to release the steam and pressure from your Instant Pot.
- Unlock and carefully remove the lid.
- Using tongs, remove the brisket and place on a chopping board to rest for a few minutes before slicing and shredding.
- Set your Instant Pot back to the saute function and reduce the remaining liquid and onions to create a tasty gravy for your meat.
Save The Recipe
Save the recipe by pinning this image:
You can find all my Instant Pot inspo here.