You guys know how much I love my Instant Pot right? It’s without a doubt the most versatile kitchen appliance, there is literally nothing that can’t be cooked in an Instant Pot, just have a look at all the different recipes I’ve already tried in mine! With back to school and the tedious task of coming up with interesting and healthy lunchboxes, I decided to use my Instant Pot to do a spot of baking and made these delicious blueberry muffins.
Instant Pot Baking Tip
I’ve used my Instant Pot on many occasions to create food items that would traditionally be baked and if there is one tip I can give you, before getting into the nitty-gritty details of the blueberry muffin recipe, it’s this. You must ensure that your batters are properly wrapped and sealed in foil before putting them in the Instant Pot if they’re not, the steam seeps into the batter and you land up with mush!
Low Carb Blue Berry Muffins
These are delicious, the combination of the coconut flour and almond flour create a very textured bake and because they are sugar-free, they are also not overly sweet which I really liked. They are also gluten and dairy-free.
Instant Pot Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
- Instant Pot
- 1 1/4 Cups Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Erythritol or granulated sweetener of your choice.
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 - 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- Mix together all your ingredients except the eggs and blueberries
- Add the beaten eggs, starting with 2 eggs. If your batter is too firm and looks like biscuit dough, then add the 3rd egg.
- Add the blueberries and gently fold into the batter.
- Line 6 silicone muffin cups with cupcake papers ( I always do this as I can never extract my baked goods from silicone molds)
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the batter into the lined silicone muffin cup.
- Take the trivet from your Instant Pot and cover the base with an oversized piece of heavy-duty foil.
- Arrange your muffins on top of the foil on the trivet and then fold up the edges of the foil to create a packet that will not allow the steam from the pot to get into the muffin mix.
- Add 1 cup of water to your Instant Pot and then using the trivet handles, lower your muffin packet into the base of your Instant Pot.
- Close the lid of your Instant Pot and set the pressure valve to sealing.
- Cook, on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Manually release the pressure for 5 minutes when the cooking cycle ends and then use the venting function to release the balance of the pressure.
- Remove the muffins on the trivet and carefully open the foil packet.
- For browner muffins, pop your muffins into the oven for 5 minutes or until as brown as you like them.