I have always loved a little Mexican inspired cooking. I love the combination of the heat from the chilies and the coolness of limes, sour cream, and Avo. Of course, I also LOVE my Instant Pot, so this is the perfect recipe and without a doubt, my favorite Instant Pot recipe so far.
Low Carb Burrito Bowls
Instant Pot Low Carb Burrito Bowls
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup chili salsa
- 3 tbsp minced green chilies
- 6 cups uncooked cauliflower rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 fresh limes
- 2 advocados
- 1.5 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 spring onions
- half cup water
- Put your salsa, water, minced green chilies & chicken into the Instant Pot
- Lock your Instant Pot lid, set your pot to manual, High Pressure for 8 minutes and cook.
- When the cooking time is finished, allow the steam to naturally release for 10 minutes before switching your Instant Pot to venting.
- Remove the chicken & place on a chopping board, ready for shredding.
- Set your Instant Pot to saute
- Add your cauli rice & cumin to the salsa chili sauce and stir continuously for 5 minutes.
- Shred your chicken using two forks and add to the cauli rice. Set saute to low and stir occasionally for a few minutes.
- Dice your Avos, tomatoes and spring onions into a bowl. Drizzle with lime juice, olive oil, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve your burrito bowl with a dollop of sour cream.