I’ve been following a low carb lifestyle for almost 5 years now and in all that time, I have yet to find a bread substitute I really love. Then I stumbled across this low carb cauliflower bread and I feel like I’ve struck GOLD with this one.
Low Carb Cauliflower Bread
I love this bread for two reasons:
- It has a proper bread texture which is delicious!
- It’s super versatile, I have made it a couple of times now, I’ve added garlic to the recipe and this last time, I added cheese to make a deliciously cheesy, herb bread.
Here is the recipe:
Versatile Low Carb CauliflowerBread
- 3 cups Caulflower (riced)
- 10 large Eggs separated
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter I used salted for the savory bread
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 1 & 1/4 cups coconut flour
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line a 23x13 (or thereabouts) loaf pan with baking paper.
- Rice your cauliflower and steam for about 5 minutes in the microwave.
- Beat your egg whites, they don't have to be super stiff but well aerated.
- In your food processor, blend your coconut flour, egg yolks, baking powder, salt, and melted butter.
- Wrap your cooked cauli rice in a clean kitchen towel and ring it out until all the moisture has been removed and your cauli rice is now clumped together like a dough.
- Add your cauli rice to the food processor and pulse a couple of times.
- Add your egg whites and herbs along with optional extra ingredients like cheese or garlic and blend.
- Transfer the batter to your lined baking pan and then top with optional extras like cheese or pumpkin seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 45 - 50 minutes or until cooked.
Make sure you can reference this recipe easily by saving it to your Pinterest account by pinning the below image!