I am always on the lookout for quick, easy and highly nutritious meals for the whole family because between lunch box prep, homework etc, the evenings are really busy. My kids are starving and so whatever I cook, needs to be prepared with minimum effort and as quickly as possible. This Low Carb Quiche Lorraine, prepared in my Instant Pot, meets all my requirements.
Create this winning recipe for your family!
Low Carb Crustless Quiche Lorraine In An Instant Pot
- 8 Slices Bacon
- 4 Extra large Eggs
- Quarter Teaspoon Salt
- Quarter Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Quarter Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1.5 Cups Double Cream
- 1.5 Cups Shredded Cheddar
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute.Chop the bacon into pieces & fry until crisp. Remove from the pot
- In a mixing bowl, mix the eggs, cream, salt, pepper & nutmeg till properly blended.
- Grease your chosen container, ensuring first that it will fit easily into your Instant Pot.Crumble your bacon bits into your chosen container, along with half the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into your bacon & cheese bowl.m
- Place your steam rack inside your Instant Pot & add 1 cup of water.Carefully, lower your chosen container onto the steam rack.
- Seal your Instant Pot lid and then select Pressure Cook on high pressure of 25 minutes. After cooking, allow standing for 10 minutes before doing a quick pressure release.
- Pat any dripped water off the top of your quiche using a paper towel.Add the remaining cheese to the top and put into your oven to grill the top untiil the cheese is melted and brown.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, and then flip upside down on your chosen plate or board.
- Serve with a green salad.