Looking for lunch box inspo? These whole wheat peach muffins are super nutritious and make a great lunch box filler. They’re also easy to make ahead of time stay fresh and can go the distance!
Whole Wheat Peach Muffins
- 1 Cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/4 Cup Cake flour
- 1 1/2 Cup Oats
- 1/2 tea spoon baking powder
- 1/4 tea spoon Salt
- 1/4 tea spoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 tea spoon Cinnamon
- 2 peel and diced fresh peaches or nectarines
- 1/3 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 tea spoon Vanilla extract
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1/3 Cup Sunflower or canola oil
- 1 Egg
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients
- Stir in the peaches
- In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, vanilla, honey, oil and egg
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed
- Spoon the batter into a 12 hole muffin tin lined with muffin papers
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees C for 18-20 minutes
- Cool on a wire rack before serving
These kept really well and my kids loved them!
Check out Juicy Delicious for more recipe inspiration with stonefruit.