What’s for dinner? Ugh, that question alone gives me hives! This year I have gone on a mission to uncover some of the best, most delicious, one pot wonder meals that can be prepped and cooked in under half an hour and that whole family will enjoy! This is one of those meals, my husband says it reminds him of Nandos Spicey Strips and Rice and the whole family loves it – One Pot Wonder – Chicken and Rice!
One Pot Wonder - Chicken & Rice
- 600 g Boneless chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tsp Crushed garlic
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Juice & Zest of one large lemon
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1.5 Cups Basmati or Jasmine Rice
- 3 Cups Chicken Stock
- 200 g Baby Spinach
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Round Feta
- Marinade the chicken in the garlic, oregano, paprika, salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest and olive oil.
- Heat a large skillet or pan till hot, cook the chicken for approximately 5 minutes until golden brown on both sides. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add 1-2 tsp's of your stock to the pan to deglaze. Then add the onion and cook on medium until fragrant and softened.
- Add the chicken stock, rice, spinach and salt and pepper. Layer the chicken pieces on top of the spinach.
- Cover and reduce the hit to the lowst setting and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- After cooking, add the round of feta cheese and additional lemon slices are optional.
- Cover and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving so that some of the juices are absorbed into the rice.