I just know busy folk everywhere will LOVE this Instant Pot Coconut Chicken as much as I do! Five ingredients and 22 minutes and dinner is served. This recipe is so versatile, you can serve it as a soup or with cauli rice. If low carb isn’t your thing, then serve it with some jasmine rice for an Asian inspired meal!
Quick & Versatile
This recipe is so versatile, my husband and I have enjoyed it as a soup or as a more substantial meal with cauli rice while my kids LOVE it with regular rice. The lemongrass and lime give it a fresh and light flavour and the fact that it cooks in just 20 minutes makes it the perfect weekday meal.
Instant Pot Coconut Chicken
- Instant Pot
- 1 kg Filleted Chicken Breasts cubed
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 5 Stalks Fresh Lemongrass or teaspoons of dried Lemongrass
- 2 Cups Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 Lime Zest and Juic
- 2 bunches celery
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Layer the base of your Instant Pot with celery & top with the cubed chicken breasts.
- Add the lemongrass, lime zest and lime juice and broth and salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set to seal.
- Cook on high pressure for 22 minutes and then quick release the pressure.
- If you used fresh lemongrass then remove from the pot.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for two minutes.
- Thicken if necessary.
Pin the recipe for future use here:
For more Instant Pot recipes, see here.