For Mother’s Day this year, Xiaomi sent me a gift box filled with some of their products to celebrate MoMi’s Day! For those of you who don’t know Xiaomi, they are an internet company built on a foundation of smartphones and smart hardware – they are currently the world’s fourth-largest smartphone brand and were founded in 2010.
MoMi’s Day Gifts
Included in my MoMi’s day gift box was the following:
So here is a bit more info about what I received and my thoughts on each product, starting with my favourite item!
Mi TV Stick
This is the very best mini media player I have ever used. In fact, both my husband and I are so impressed with it that we plan on replacing all the Chromecast devices in our home with Mi TV Sticks and at only R699 is an insanely good price for what this product offers.
I could tell you all about its amazing features, like 1GB of RAM and 8GB of built-in storage. How it comes with 1080p support. That it supports Dolby Audio and DTS-HD (I mean, I don’t even know what that means 🤣) . That it has HDMI 2.0, Micro USB, Bluetooth 4.2, and dual-band Wi-Fi.
But I don’t even understand half of what that means, so instead, I’ll tell you what I do know FOR SURE about the Mi TV:
- Google & Netflix certified
- DSTV now App was easy to download from Playstore.
- It has built-in Chromecast so no more struggling to connect & cast from your smartphone or other smart devices.
- Catch up on your favorite TV shows, play games, watch the news, or turn on the radio.
- It recommends videos based on your personal Youtube and Google Play preferences!
- It’s voice-activated
- It’s a seamless streamlined process of switching between entertainment platforms and it’s so easy to use it’s absolute child’s play.
Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2
These are super lightweight, Bluetooth-enabled earbuds with a built-in microphone. They were super easy to pair with my phone, literally plug and play. Other specs I loved about the Wireless Earbuds include:
- Super fast pairing but note – No Micro-USB Cable Included for charing.
- Single-button control – Activate low latency lag gaming mode by triple pressing the earbud. Pause or play music and movies with a single button press. Start your phone voice assistant easily and effortlessly without having to take out your smartphone.
- Water-resistant, sweatproof, and perfect for running or intense workouts. They can resist splashes of liquid but are not fully waterproof so don’t wear them in the shower. (The charging case itself is not water-resistant)
- Delivers hours of playability! Watch up to 6 full-length movies, or tune out the world with music playback, and grab a quick charge using the included charging case for all-day use.
At R299, they are worth every cent!
Mi Smart Band 5
I battled to get my Mi Smart Band 5 paired as I didn’t realize I needed to have the Mi Fit app installed on my phone prior to pairing but other than that, it was super simple to set up and start using and at R699 it’s a steal in comparison to other similar fitness bands.
Other cool features include:
- Better screen display, full colour and animation watch face.
- Accurate activity & health tracking – All-day monitor on heart rate, body pressure, and sleep, auto-detection of walking and running & female health monitor.
- Longer use battery life with up to 14 days battery use and easily charged with magnetic charging pins and music control.
- Multiple sports modes, with up to 11 different sports types and including some more unusual ones like rowing machine, elliptical, yoga, jump rope, and indoor cycling.
- Remote control the phone camera.
- 24 Hour heart rate monitoring & real-time monitoring with heart rate alerts.
I’ve really enjoyed using these devices from Xiaomi, check out my Instagram for more details, images and video of the devices in use!