Hands up if you love hot sauce? Have you tried the Black Mamba range of chilli sauces, pestos, jams and chutneys? No? then check this out:
About Black Mamba Chilli
Black Mamba is a fair trade brand made by women in Eswatini (just around the corner!), and they manufacture their range of chilli sauces, pestos, chutneys and jams, all packed in glass, using fresh, locally grown ingredients, and “no added nonsense”.
They work with Guba, a local permaculture NGO that trains rural communities in permaculture and green agriculture methods, and collaborates with 50 smallholder farmers (of which 80% are women and the sole breadwinners of their families) to grow organic fresh produce for their products. The positive impact of this partnership reaches over 1,000 individuals in Eswatini, and allows them to make products that are good-for-you, good-for-the-planet, and good for the rural communities of Eswatini. They have also won several Great Taste Awards in the UK for our chilli sauces, and we currently export their range to countries such as the US, the UK, Germany, Norway, and Taiwan.
Now they have embarked on a journey to conquer the hearts and the tummies of the South African chilliheads and ethical foodies by launching their very own e-commerce site!
You can shop their full range online here: https://blackmambachilli.com/collections/all-products
Over the weekend, I made this delicious spicy shredded chicken burrito using their Black Mamba Green Papaya Chutney. It was a total winner with the whole family, here is the recipe:
Shredded Chicken Burritos With Black Mamba Green Papaya Chutney
- Air Fryer
- 4 Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Fresh Garlic crushed
- 1 tea spoon Paprika
- 1 tea spoon Oregano
- 1 tea spoon Chilli flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup coleslaw or shredded cabbage
- Dollops Sour Cream
- Fresh Coriander
- Spring Onions
- Black Mamba Green Papaya Chutney or chilli sauce of choice
- Preheat your airfryer for 3 minutes at 180C
- While your air fryer pre heats, blend yourlLemon juice, olive oil, garlic, paprika, oregano, chilli flakes, salt and pepper and roll your chicken breasts in this marinade.
- Cook your chicken in the air fryer for 20 minutes at 180 C
- Warm up or prep your burritos - I used the ones from Woolies and just warmed them in the oven for a few minutes.
- Allow the chicken cool slightly and then shred, I use a hand held mixer to shred my chicken.
- Build your burrito starting with the slaw or shredded cabbage, add your chicken, coriander, spring onions and slived avo. Top with dollops of sour cream and top with Black Mamba Green Papaya Chutney or chilli sauce of choice.
Discliamer – I was sent a selection of the chilli sauces, jams and chutneys for the purpose of this review.