Is there anything more delicious than a slow cooked lamb stew? Especially when it’s made with beautiful lamb knuckles and top notch fresh ingredients?
You asked…. so here it is: My Slow Cooked Lamb Stew
I was at my local Food Lover’s Market a couple of week’s ago and the butcher kindly cut up some fresh lamb knuckles for me and I whipped up this amazing stew!
I’m a lazy cook you guys! I love stews in the slow cooker, you literally just throw in all the ingredients and then leave it to cook! Don’t worry if you don’t have a slow cooker, you can prepare this stew in your oven on a low temp too! And bonus, my kids are CRAZY about this stew.
Also, cooking it on a low heat for a long time, like 12 hours, cooks the meat off the bones and you can literally suck the marrow from the bones and not have to worry about your kids getting an accidental bone in their portion either.
So here’s the recipe:
Slow Cooked Lamb Stew
- R100 lamb knuckles
- 2 x Onions finely chopped
- 1 x Clove or Garlic crushed
- 1 Cup of dry red wine
- 1 Cup of stock
- 2 cans of Tomato Puree
- Zoodles or baby marrow slices
- Any other veg you'd like to add.
- Add all your ingredients to your slow cooker, or an appropriate oven dish except the baby marrow.
- Leave to cook for 6 hours.
- Add the baby marrow and leave to cook for a further couple of hours.
You can add any other veggies.
I served ours on a bed of buttery squash, because we follow LCHF. Other accompaniments include cauli rice, cauli mash or regular rice.
Don’t know how to use Rafflecopter? Read here!
T’s & C’s
- Only Rafflecopter entries are eligible for the prize
- Competition open to residents of South Africa only
- Competition closes on the 3rd October
- Winners will be notified via email and announced on Social Media
a Rafflecopter giveaway