Breakfast Egg Muffins
A delicious, satisfying, high fat, low carb breakfast!
- 6 x Eggs
- 1 Cup Marscapone Cheese
- Packet of Bacon
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Packet of washed baby spinach
Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Grease a muffin pan using butter.
3. Rinse and chop your favourite bits (I used onions, bacon & spinach)
4. In frying pan, sauté your favourite bits until cooked and slightly browned. Once cooked, set aside.
5. In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs on high speed with salt & pepper, add the marscapone cheese and blend well.
6. Fill bottom of muffin pan about 2cm with your sautéed bits and pouring egg mixture over this until muffin pan just under full.
7. Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Allow to cool
9. Once cooled, slide a flat butter knife around the edges to loosen the sides and remove from the pan.
These are delicious served straight out of the oven but they also keep well in an airtight container in the fridge and heated for 30 seconds the following day.
Adapted from The Banting Blondes